Now that summer is at its peak, it’s time for all those summer fruits and lemons to flow into your clinking glasses. Sajna Kainikkara from the Palette and Chef Quik, through her summer cooler recipes will give you divine experience as the mercury rises.
- Fresh mint leaves- 5-6
- Apple -1
- Oranges -2
- Chilled Appy Fizz or Moussy or Barbican non alcoholic drink in apple flavour 330ml -1
- Chilled 7up 500ml – 1
- Chilled Barbican or moussy nonalcoholic classic 330ml – 1
- Club soda – 2 cans
- Slice the Apple, Oranges, the lemons thinly.
- Put them all into a big jug.
- Pour all the other drinks and the mint leaves into the jug and stir.
- Keep it aside for five minutes and serve chilled.
Chilli Pineapple Soda
- Pineapple – 1
- Sugar – as per taste
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Green chilly – 1 small.
- Few mint leaves
- A pinch of crushed black pepper powder
- Soda or chilled water.
- Cut pineapple into chunks and add to a blender.
- To this, squeeze 1 lemon and add 1green chilli and 3-4mint leaves
- Now, add some ice cubes and sugar, pinch of salt and some crushed black pepper.
- Blend well and strain.
- Put ice cubes in serving glass pour half the pineapple drink and fill rest of the cup with soda. Garnish with slice of lime and mint leaves.
Coconut Lime Water
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 Cup
- Sugar – 4 Tbsp
- Cashewnuts – 6 to 7 soaked in water for 15 minutes.
- One big lime cut in to 8 piecs
- Chopped Ginger – 1tsp
- Ice cubes
- Cardamom – 3
- Water – 1/2 Litre
- Ice Cubes – As required
- Mix grated coconut, ginger and cardamom, cashew nut, sugar, lime, water in a blender.
- Blend it for a few seconds. Strain it.
- Put ice cubes in a serving glass and pour strained juice.
- Mix and serve.
- Nannari syrup(available in all supermarkets) – 2 tbsp
- Lemon – 1/2 small sized
- Club soda or water – 1cup chilled
- A few ice cubes.
- Take Nannari syrup and add it to the serving glass.
- Remove the seeds from lemon then squeeze it. Mix well with a spoon.
- Add chilled soda or water to it. Mix well. Add a few ice cubes and serve chilled!