Nutritionist & Lifestyle Consultant and Founder of NuFit, Ms Palak Chaturvedi believes a nutritious diet is the key that can make you the greatest version of yourself. If you’ve been thinking of shedding those extra pounds you gained during the lockdown, in this exclusive Palak guides you how you can easily tread on the fitness path without compromising on the immunity levels.. Read on…
When it comes to losing weight or trying to track down a ‘quick fix solution’ to get into a lean frame, you can find countless information available on the Internet. A lot of the available information sometimes is based on unnecessary myths and portray promising tips and tricks. It is, therefore, essential to get the right advice before you begin to turn your routine into your lifestyle.
The power of nutrition is very much dependent on eating habits as it can have a surprisingly significant effect on weight-loss efforts. There is sufficient struggle to shed the weight if food is eaten too late or too early. It is not just what and how much, but also when the food is consumed. The fact is that one needs to gain health to lose weight. This sort of lifestyle and discipline matters a lot while looking at nutrition and weight loss.
Let’s understand how you can lead a healthy lifestyle while losing some pounds and inches…
Meal timings: Breakfast provides the body with a good amount of fuel to help the body run with optimum capacity. Try to split your meals no more than 40 per cent of your calories consumed during the evening, instead of having a large lunch and more filling breakfast. Maintaining a routine in terms of food timings will help stabilise the body and set your metabolic rhythm in motion. Choosing an early dinner will help the food digest before bedtime.
- Mental health & sleep: A disciplined and healthy lifestyle is very beneficial in maintaining mental health. Adequate sleep with a proper diet is essential for staying physically and mentally fit. Regular physical exercise makes a huge difference by focusing on maintaining the body’s rhythm.
- Regular exercise: Your regular weekly exercise routine should include the right combination of cardio, strength training, and flexibility sessions for increased fitness. This combination will ensure that you work on all aspects of your health and fitness. Also, by doing different exercise sessions, you will add variety. Plus, working other muscles on multiple days will help reduce the risk of injury and prevent monotony.
- Avoid packaged and instant foods: In today’s fast-paced world where everyone is running out of time, some processed foods can quickly become comfort foods. However, processed foods tend to be high in sugar, artificial ingredients, refined carbohydrates, and trans fats. Because of this, it increases obesity and illnesses around the world. To rebalance the diet or make it more healthful, a person will need to replace processed foods with whole foods containing grains, nuts, seeds, lean meats, fruits and vegetables.
- Nutritional Quota & Ratio: It is imperative to consume your daily protein needs. 0.8gm per kg of body weight is the recommended value for protein in your body. This requirement should be fulfilled by your daily meals. Consume vegetables and fruits daily. A nutritional quota is necessary to help balance the healthy ratio of protein: fat: carbs that make up for a healthy lifestyle.
- Limit caffeine intake: If you are a fan of beginning your day with a steaming hot cup of coffee, we have some piece of news for you. One or two cups of coffee will not do any harm, the in-between cups that we keep sipping throughout the day wreak havoc on our immune system. It is important to note that too much caffeine can release high levels of cortisol which can alter the immune system response. We suggest focusing on getting an uninterrupted sleep instead of relying on caffeinated beverages to get you through the day.
Well, in the end, do realise that there is is no fast way to lose weight nor are fad diets beneficial. These diets may provide short-term results, but they are difficult to sustain. There are no shortcuts or fad diets that can bring results because these plans deprive you of the essential nutrients that only a balanced diet can offer. And the truth is, any lifestyle change is a work in progress. What you do daily and regularly has a more lasting impact than what is done just once.
Lasting changes take time, hence it’s important to begin by setting small goals that are easy to add to your daily life. Discipline is one of the most important aspects of building your health. Wellness and fitness involve being aware and making healthy choices about diet, exercise, and staying positive. It is the most important investment you can make in your life. Strive for the best health you can have in all areas of your life by making mindful, healthy choices. By investing in these sustainable plans, one can achieve weight loss without losing immunity.