Festivity is in the air! The nine nights of Navratri bring along the assortment spices and flavours that open up a whole new world of the indigenous cuisine. Give a special twist to your fasting days, with these bundled with health recipes, curated by Ahmedabad based food stylist Roli Tiwari…
Mango Coconut Smoothie
1. Ripe Mango – 1
2. Coconut Milk – 3/4 of a cup
3. Ice cubes
4. Mint leaves for garnishing
1. In a blender, put the mango along with the coconut milk.
2. You can add sugar in case you wish, though we are making it without any added sugar.
3. Churn coconut milk and the mango for a couple of minutes.
4. In a tall glass, put some ice cubes and pour the smoothie.
5. Garnish it with mint leaves and you are good to go.
Potato and Peanut Khichdi
1. Large potatoes – 5
2. Jeera – 1 Teaspoon
3. Green chilli and ginger paste – 2 Tablespoons
4. Lemon juice – 2 Tablespoons
5. Curry leaves – 2 to 3 sprigs
6. Peanuts – 1 cup – roasted and coarsely grounded
7. Rock Salt or Sendha Namak – To taste
8. Sugar – a pinch (optional)
9. Ghee – 1/4th cup
- Grate potatoes and keep aside
- Heat ghee in a pan
- Add jeera along with the curry leaves
- Add potatoes and cook till the potatoes turn mushy.
- Add green chilli and ginger paste, lemon juice, sugar, salt. Stir and toss a little.
- Add peanuts and mix again.
* This is a yummy for tummy khichdi for fasting days. You can savour it with fresh curd as it will keep you satiated for the day.